Selling a piece of real-estate is a skill that takes time and effort to master. This is why many people choose a professional to sell property whether it be an real-estate broker, wholesaler, or maybe even an investor. But if you’re somebody that just wants to make a property look as presentable as possible, here are some tried and true tips:
Being a real-estate broker is about convincing people that a property is worth the price tag -Barron Young
- TAKE GOOD PICTURES
If anything will increase the likelihood that a property sells, it’s pictures. In the digital age, nothing will make a property shine better then pictures. Pictures can make or break how much attention you receive from a property.
- If you’re a broker, hire a person that specializes in real-estate photography
- Taking pictures by yourself? Get the best lighting and take pictures of the house on a beautiful day.
- If you’re a professional investor, maybe purchase a nice camera. (I use the Canon T3i).
- Make sure to get pictures of all of the rooms, but don’t go crazy and get pictures of EVERY SINGLE corner of the house.
There really isn’t much to elaborate on this, but just use common sense.
- Don’t shove everything in a closet
- Rent a storage unit
3. Scrub everything & clean the carpets
You will be amazed at just how much gunk accumulates on the surfaces of your house.
- Scrub the walls
- Cleans fixtures in the house
- Get into cracks and crevices
- Appliances in the kitchen
Next, you want to clean the carpets. If you want to DIY, I suggest going to the grocery store and renting a carpet cleaner. If you’re not strapped for cash, hire a professional. Above else, just make sure that there are not huge stains in the floor.
PRO-TIP: Cleaning the house will effect how the house smells. Remember, you want a nice neutral house smell. Stay away from over-the-top fragrances.
4. Touch up paint (or maybe even re-paint the walls)
5. Focus on exterior
- Make sure grass is cut & trim the bushes
- Pressure wash the driveway
- Add a fresh batch of mulch to flower beds and around tress
- Paint the front door
- Spray mold killer around areas that are green
- Consider going down to Lowes and planting a tree or bush